Resin-Modified Calcium Silicate Pulp Protectant/Liner
TheraCal LC is a light-cured, resin-modified calcium silicate filled liner designed for use in direct and indirect pulp capping and as a protective liner under composites, amalgams, cements, and other base materials. It can be used as an alternative to calcium hydroxide, glass ionomer, RMGI, IRM/ZOE and other restorative materials. TheraCal LC performs as a barrier and protectant of the dental pulpal complex.
TheraCal LC’s precise placement allows its use in all deep cavity preparations. The light-cured set permits immediate placement and condensation of the restorative material. Its proprietary formulation allows for a command set with a light curing unit while maintaining ease of placement due to thixotropic properties. The proprietary hydrophilic resin formulation creates a stable and durable liner.
- Calcium release stimulates1* hydroxyapatite and secondary dentin bridge formation2,3
- Alkaline pH promotes healing and apatite formation2,4
- Significant calcium release1 leads to protective seal5,7,8
- Protects and insulates the pulp5,6
- Moisture tolerant1 and radiopaque – can be placed under restorative materials and cements
- The proprietary formulation of TheraCal LC consists of tri-calcium silicate particles in a hydrophilic monomer that provides significant calcium release* making it a uniquely stable and durable material as a liner or base