- Ultradent 90-second Porcelain Etch is used to etch porcelain veneers, crowns, bridges, inlays, onlays, and fractured dental porcelain. Ultradent 60-second Silane is used after hydrofluoric acid etching to prepare the surface for bonding resin.Studies have demonstrated that Silane, when used with Porcelain Etch and a quality bonding resin, yields the highest bond strength to porcelain when compared with other porcelain bonding products.1 Both Porcelain Etch and Silane may be used intraorally or extraorally.
- Porcelain Etch is a viscous, buffered 9% hydrofluoric acid
- Etch is easy to control and place
- Will not stain composite or resin cement
- Silane is a single-component solution
- Yields highest porcelain-to-resin bond strengths1
- Porcelain Etch and Silane may also be used on lithium disilicate (IPS e.max®2 ) restorations